Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ultramarines Praetor

A survivor of Calth ... I'm especially proud of the radiation burns I created by mixing in some red into the Army Painter Flesh Tone after I'd already put a layer down.

Initially he had a blue sword and blue power pack on his gun -- but it was too much, so I redid them.

I'm still not 100% on the lack of white to contrast -- but that's as much a factor of the Heresy paint scheme as it is the 'this is a generalist model you can use for any Legion' factor.

These have a different 'dust and grime' scheme than my Scattered Legion troopers, to represent Calth's urban terrain, vice Istvaan V's open ground.

The final -- with a wash of Asurmen Blue over Boltgun Metal, and a blended green powercell.

The original -- just too many different shades of blue going on.

And a close up of his face ... blended to look like he got rad-burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment