Thursday, May 21, 2015

Iron Hands Project - Demi-Squad 1

Armed with some resin crack, I am setting out on the path of building a small Heresy-era force.  Am aiming for something I can use to play the 'Victory is Vengeance' campaign from Book 3 of the HH series.

Got these fellows on Ebay ... which has its own challenges.  The casts are nice and clean, but the resin is very soft and frequently snapped when I was trimming them out.

For the paint scheme, it's Leadbelcher with a black wash (in this case Vallejo's Black Wash heavily thinned down) and some flat black for the armor -- and then some rust and dirt (Vallejo's flat earth) liberally stippled on.  I also stippled some more Leadbelcher on to put chips on their armor.

The effect I'm looking for is 'it's Day 27 after the Dropsite Massacre ... we're still here, and we're REALLY pissed off.'

All in all, quite pleased with them -- frankly they make my 40K-era Iron Hands test models look too clean and well behaved.



"Get off my lawn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment